Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Day, Another Play

What a lucky week...I got to go to the theater twice. Yesterday, Saturday, I went to see a friend perform at the Fountain Hills Community theater. I enjoyed it very much, even the long ride, because I rarely get a chance to be alone.

Again, one of the characters had a line that made me think, I am only paraphrasing, but it was about how short life really is and how important it is to live it and enjoy it, as fully as possible. The character in the play had actually quit his job and was happy that he had.

I was thinking of whether I could say that or not. It also reminded me of the conversations I have had with my Mom; she has said repeatedly that she is ready to go because she has had such a good life. She says that she has had two wonderful husbands, she has traveled almost everywhere she ever wanted to, and then said she is proud of her children and grandchildren. She feels complete and happy.

There are still many things I would like to do and maybe I need to thinking seriously about making some plans...

1 comment:

  1. Make plans to live your dreams! Yes! Your niece Lori introduced me to your blog. She said it was wonderful. It is. You are.

    Make your bucket list, of what you absolutely want to do before kicking it. :)

    Thank you for writing this blog. You are teaching me, and others I'm sure, as you learn yourself. You have wise insights and much love.

    Thank you.

    Sincerely, Lynette Yetter, author of the novel "Lucy Plays Panpipes for Peace"

    ReplyDelete