Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Men in her life


About a week ago my Mom's hospice doctor came to check her. This is a visit that occurs three or four times a year. He is a very nice man, who recently welcomed his fourth child, I have no idea of how old he is. Probably in his 30's or 40?

My Mother came from a rather quiet state of mind to a flirtatious,rather witty person. This is not the first time that I have seen her act like this. You might remember back to the "My Brother, The Messiah" blog? She has also sat up from an almost "death" bed to chat with the husband of one of her visitors. The photo I used on this blog was from a lunch with my son and her great nephew. She loved it!

This is not exactly new. I remember when she and Dad were living in an assisted care facility. She was walking over to talk to someone at another table and two men stopped her to chat. She was just smiling and animated and winsome. I thought to myself, "She still has I-T". It made me smile then and it makes me smile now.

There is no doubt that she looks at men and women quite differently.She acts and reacts very differently. Good for her I say! I hope I still have "I-T" too at 89.

1 comment:

  1. IT.... is in the blood my dear... and I am so glad that she has these moments still...does she skype face to face with video with anyone...? it might make her day... or not (lol)... I think she is quite remarkable .. this is where you get it.

    ReplyDelete